SWALIM's primary role in the Water Sector is to provide an information management resource to agencies active in the water sector in Somalia. The project focuses on areas of water sources (rural and urban), irrigation, river gauging network, rainfall observation network and flood early warning. SWALIM will aggregate and collate data collected routinely by organizations based in the country and assemble the data into datasets and information products with national coverage. SWALIM will also undertake specific field work to develop new data and to close identified information gaps. Partners can expect the following from SWALIM:
- Data collection tools and data management software;
- Training and capacity-building in data collection and information management;
- Access to highly developed, relevant information products and archives in a variety of formats through the Client Service Platform;
- Information in SWALIM's archives will be managed in such a way that the original source will always be credited. On the other hand, partners are expected to:
- Use data collection methodologies and information management tools developed by SWALIM; * Regularly update SWALIM with data. Useful links:
- Childrens Hygiene and Sanitation Training (CHAST) Download the CHAST Manual (PDF, 28.89MB), Please note that the manual is also available in the Somali language, together with the accompanying CD-ROM and all the visualization tools (Somali PHAST Step-by-Step Guide; Talaabooyinka Waxcaqabadka Isku Xig Xiga, by Caritas/SwissGroup, published in 2007); These can be collected from our offices in either Nairobi or Hargeisa.
- Participatory Training and Sanitation Transformation (PHAST) For more information, please contact us at SO-Hydro@fao.org or firstname.lastname@example.org